The Society of Taiwan Women in Science and Technology (TWiST)
The Society of Taiwan Women in Science and Technology (TWiST) is a non-profit society established on the 30th of October, 2011. The Charter and bylaws of TWiST were issued, and the first board of directors and president were successfully elected during the founding ceremony. Now TWiST has more than 150 members and continues to grow.
TWiST is an organizational member of the International Network of Women Engineers and Scientists (INWES).
INWES is a global network of women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), which aims to advocate for STEM issues for the benefits of women and gender equity in the society, and to promote women’s presence in mainstream STEM decision-making positions. Website: http://inwes.org/
TWiST Objectives are as follows:
- To encourage and motivate women to participate in STEM fields.
- To promote women’s professional status in STEM fields.
- To strengthen the connection among women in STEM through networking.
- To build international networks for women in STEM fields.
Main Activities of TWiST
- General assembly and annual meeting.
- Regional gatherings.
- Symposia for women scientists.
- TWiST Grants for young female scientists.
- Mentor-Mentee Program for members as well as friends of members.
- TFST E-Newsletters (Taiwanese Female Scientists & Technologists)
E-mail : [email protected]